Agriculture 2018-04-10T20:05:14+00:00


When making the choice to move to Hood River County, chances are you will live near agricultural property; the resources below will help inform you about agriculture in the County and answer some of the most frequently asked questions.

Hood River County Chamber of Commerce

Agricultural Resources:

Hood River Soil & Water Conservation District

The Hood River Soil & Water Conservation District produces a resource for country living and land stewardship called the Hood River County Rural Living Handbook. The handbook answers questions about water irrigation rights, orchard management, septic systems, communications, neighboring land use, and livestock density to name a few; as well as posing some good questions to ask yourself when considering rural living. The Hood River County Rural Living Handbook is housed online where you can download the entire publication, or browse by chapter. The chapters are logically titled so you can quickly obtain the information you’re looking for.

Click here to read the handbook.

Community Supported Agriculture:

Resource Directory:

The public resources below will be able to answer any questions left unanswered about agriculture, land management, and relocating to Hood River County.

Hood River Soil & Water Conservation District (541) 386-4588

Federal Agencies:
Oregon State Agencies:
Hood River County Departments:
Fire Districts:
  • Cascade Locks (541) 374-8510
  • City of Hood River (541) 386-3939
  • Dee (541) 354-1820
  • Odell (541) 354-1648
  • Parkdale (541) 352-6092
  • Pine Grove (541) 386-2900
  • Westside (541) 386-5551
Irrigation District:
Water Districts:
  • City of Hood River (541) 386-5216
  • Crystal Springs (541) 354-1818
  • Ice Fountain (541) 386-4299
Other Local Contacts: