Economic Development Resources
- Port of Hood River: www.portofhoodriver.com | 541.386.1645
- Hood River County: www.co.hood-river.or.us | 541.386.3970 (Administration)
- Mid-Columbia Council of Governments: www.mccog.com | 541.386.3970 (HR) | 541.298.4461 (MCBCS)
- Mid-Columbia Economic Development District: www.mcedd.org
- Oregon Economic and Community Development Board: www.oregon.gov/OBDD | 503.229.5115 (Carolyn Meece)
- Worksource Oregon: www.worksourceoregon.org | 541.386.6300
- The Oregon Consortium (TOC) Oregon Workforce Alliance (OWA): www.tocowa.org/Home-1.html | 541.928.0241
- State of Oregon: www.oregon.gov | 503.986.0123
- State of Washington | access.wa.gov | 503.986.0123
Business and Employment Resources
Business Utility Zone Gateway: www.buzgate.org
There are eight frequently asked questions that this site can answer: Do I need to register the business name and if so how do I go about it? What is a tax I.D. number and do I need one? Do I need a license to operate my business? Should I incorporate? Should I use payroll services? Which business expenses can I deduct for tax purposes? Do I need special insurance for my business? What is OSHA?
Hood River County Chamber of Commerce: www.hoodriver.org | 541.386.2000
The Chamber’s mission is to promote the economic prosperity and livability of Hood River County.
Office of Minority, Women, and Emerging Small Business: www.oregon.gov/obdd/omwesb | 503.986.0123
The Office of Minority, Women, and Emerging Small Business administers the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, minority Business Enterprise/Women Business Enterprise, and Emerging Small Businesses by providing “one-stop” certification.
Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs: www.oame.org/default.cfm | 503.249.7744
The Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization formed to promote and develop entrepreneurship and economic development for ethnic minorities in Oregon.
Oregon Business Guide: www.filinginoregon.com | 509.986.2200
If you are interested in doing business in Oregon, need information on business licensing, want to file a UCC transaction, or become commissioned by notary public, this is where you need to go.
Oregon Employment Department: www.oregon.gov/employ | 1.800.237.3710
The Oregon Employment Department has four core objectives: 1. Support economic stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment benefits. 2. Serve business by recruiting and referring the best qualified applicants to jobs, and provide resources to diverse job seekers in support of their employment needs. 3. Develop and distribute quality workforce and economic information to promote informed decision-making. 4. Provide access to childcare that is safe, high in quality, and affordable.
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network: www.oen.org
Education and support for entrepreneurs and early-stage, high-growth companies.
Oregon Small Business Development Center: www.cgcc.cc.or.us/sbdc
There are twenty Oregon Bizcenters that offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free confidential one-on-one business consulting, books and software, SBDC client profiles, the latest information on international trade, small business tools, workshops, and ideas for inventors.
Small Business Administration: www.sba.gov | 1.800.827.5722
The SBA strives to maintain and strengthen the nation’s economy by aiding, counseling, assisting, and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from natural disasters.
Small Business Resource: www.allbusiness.com
AllBusiness.com is an online media and e-commerce company that operates one of the premier business sites on the web. The site offers resources including how-to articles, business forms, contracts, and agreements, expert advice, blogs, business news, business directory listings, product comparisons, business guides, a small business association, and more.
- Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers Association: www.cgfg.org | 541.387.4769
- Columbia Gorge Wine Growers Association: www.columbiagorgewine.com | 1.866.413.9463
- Gorge Owned, GO!: http://gorgeowned.org | 541-490-3466
- Hood River County Chamber of Commerce: www.hoodriver.org | 541.386.2000
- Rotary Club of Hood River: www.hoodriverrotary.org | 541.354.2922