Chamber Events: Hood River Blossom Fest and Springtime Guide
Hood River Blossom Fest and Springtime Guide
Thank you for visiting Hood River County
April 11-26, 2015
Nothing says spring quite like fruit trees in bloom, and Hood River County celebrates the arrival of spring in style with their three-week annual Blossom Time. Hood River Valley, which spans the north slope of Mount Hood to the south shore of the Columbia River Gorge, is the largest pear-growing region in Oregon, producing 50% of the nation’s winter pear crop. It’s also home to an abundance of cherry and apples orchards. This translates into acres and acres of beautiful fruit blossoms along the Valley roads. Blossom Time (April 11-26) is a perfect opportunity for the winter-weary to visit Hood River County for a dose of Oregon’s beautiful springtime. The celebration’s main stars—the beautiful pink and white fruit tree blossoms along the Hood River Fruit Loop—are best viewed from the comfort of your car. This gorgeous 35-mile drive runs along the county’s Scenic Tour Route is the centerpiece of the longtime festival celebration. A host of activities during Blossom Time make the celebration of spring a rich experience for visitors. Craft and quilt shows, pancake breakfasts, a pansy party, a grange blossom dinner, wine and beer tasting are all part of the festivities. Baked goods, preserves, yarn, fresh produce—there’s something for everyone.
What to Do:
- Visitors to the area will want to drive the world-famous 35-mile scenic Fruit Loop through the beautiful Upper Valley filled with blooming orchards of apple, pear, and cherry trees—as well as farm stands, alpacas, wineries, and unparalleled scenery.
- Come check out the events listed below.
- Take a stroll through the Heights and Hood River downtown to shop, wine, and dine.
- Visit the waterfront, the waterfalls, and the great outdoors during your stay—hike, bike, stand-up paddleboard, ski, tube, snowboard, sled.
- Relax and enjoy the scenery.
e-mail: email@example.com to join our Blossom Fest mailing list
The Hood River County Chamber Board voted to make all Hood River County Chamber of Commerce events tobacco and smoke free as of June 1, 2013. Signage will be posted at all event sites. Ready to Quit? 1.800.QUITNOW 1.855.DEJELO-YA