Hood River Holidays
Every December, Hood River is transformed for the holidays with its storybook downtown adorned by twinkling lights. It also has numerous special holiday events, including Santa sightings, Hood River-style. It’s the perfect destination for families and holidays shoppers.
Friday December 2 CHECK IN AT 5pm parade starts at 6:00pm on Oak Street
Important Parade Information:
Please check in at the start of the parade near Oak and 7th Street between 5-6pm.
The parade line-up is first come, first served, except for the parade sponsors who will be first in line.
The parade starts at 7th and ends at Hood River News parking lot for the community tree-lighting ceremony. See below for more staging details.
Please adhere to the following rules to keep the parade safe and fun. Thank you!
- If you have kids or people on foot in your entry or need extra space, please park in the Hood River County parking lot on State Street between 6th and 7th (adjacent to the church) or Hood River News parking lot at 6th and State Street—then proceed to get into the parade line up starting at 5pm. Please allow extra time because parking and access may be challenging due to street closures starting at 5pm.
- You may have Santa-like decorations, but there can be no human Santa in your entry. There is only one living Santa allowed in the parade and he will be at the parade end as part of our grand finale.
- Your entry must be decorated with a holiday theme and be designed for a family audience. Our goal is to encourage the holiday spirit and this is a family event—so please no edgy messages or political campaigns.
- It is important that you stay in line and keep the parade moving forward. You must follow our designated route please. Think safety first in all your actions. The parade will end at 3rd and State Street. If you want to park and come back to enjoy the tree lighting ceremony, you may park in the Hood River News parking lot and walk down to the tree on 2nd and State Street.
- Please no littering on the parade route. Provide a cleanup person or bags for animals.
Please keep Hood River beautiful!
Holiday Open House:
November 18 – 20
Small Business Saturday:
Holiday Happy Hour, Parade & Tree Lighting:
December 2 (4 – 7pm)
Free Parking and Late Night Shopping:
December 12 – 24
Hood River, OR 97031