Hood River Is Open for Business!
While the Eagle Creek Fire did not directly impact the town of Hood River, area businesses were greatly affected by the closure of I-84, which has re-opened in both directions! Patronizing our local businesses, as well as those of all other Gorge towns, is a great way to support the residents of the Gorge. And throughout the month of October, show the Gorge some love by visiting and expressing your appreciation for one of America’s greatest treasures at one of the many, many events and activities listed here.
Visit Hood River
- The Gorge is still gorgeous. Many have driven west on I-84 and seen the initial fire impacts from the road. Yes, some areas have burned, but many, many trees remain. The diverse colors and hews of autumn are as beautiful as ever. We know the Gorge will rebound, and that nature will do its amazing work restoring itself. There will be a new landscape for us to explore in the future, with new views and perspectives.
- How to get here. I-84 is now open in both directions! It’s also accessible via WA-14 (on the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge) and Highway 26 & 35.
- Fall visitors will be treated to beautiful fall foliage, the incredible bounty of the Hood River County Fruit Loop, and the chance to experience fun festivals and cool cultural events. Hood River Hops Fest is October 7. Hood River Valley Harvest Fest is October 13-15. Come early or stay late. Plan a multi-day stay. September and October are prime u-pick months for apples, pears and pumpkins along the popular Hood River County Fruit Loop. Fruit stands are bursting with fresh cider, flowers, and other fall produce. And, breweries, wineries and cideries are offering seasonal tastings.
- Free parking. Parking is free throughout the city of Hood River between October 7 and October 15.
- Shop, eat, drink. Hood River businesses are open and appreciate your patronage now more than ever. Hood River’s vibrant downtown and other business districts offer a wide range of specialty shops. Shop for jewelry, books, toys, shoes, gear, clothing, wine, art and other items. Our friendly store owners go out of their way to help you find just what you are looking for, and will point you in the right direction whether you are looking for a good lunch spot, cup of coffee or hotel. Businesses in Cascade Locks have already banded together to help stabilize revenue through the Cascade Locks Strong campaign.
- Spread the word. Please share that Hood River is “open for business” via social media using the #visithoodriver, #Ihearthoodriver. Post images and share your experiences to inspire others.
Visit the Hood River Chamber of Commerce for all your visitor information needs.
720 East Port Marina Drive, Hood River, OR 97031