I Love Hood River
There are hundreds of reasons that residents and visitors alike love Hood River! Here are a handful of top reasons for this winter, plus information on how you can support the small businesses that help make Hood River so special.
- Unique shopping opportunities in Hood River’s picture-perfect, historic downtown (and beyond). Hood River’s vibrant downtown and other business districts offer a wide range of specialty shops. Shop for jewelry, books, toys, shoes, gear, clothing, wine, art and other items. Our friendly store owners go out of their way to help you find just what you are looking for and will point you in the right direction, whether you’re looking for a good lunch spot, a cup of coffee or a hotel. (Our famed breweries are just steps away as well!)
- Free parking. To help make holiday shopping stress-free, customer parking is free throughout the city of Hood River from December 11 to 25.
- Ski, Stay & Save! Hood Meadows, Hood River County Chamber of Commerce and local lodging partners are making it easy to hit the slopes this winter through the Ski, Stay & Save program. Throughout the winter season, stay at participating Hood River lodging partners and gain access to a number of special lift ticket deals. With no blackout dates, this is a great way to ring in the New Year or spend Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend. For details, go to hoodriver.org/ski-hood.
- Mark your calendar. This March 2018, discover Hood River’s diverse music scene during the Second Annual Hood River Music Month. Featuring numerous musical events, this multi-week celebration includes everything from classical, jazz, acoustic, indie, rock and bluegrass performances to musicals, films and lectures. Almost a dozen Hood River venues – including wineries, cideries, breweries, pubs, theaters, hotels and restaurants – welcome music lovers of all ages.
- Spread the word. Show your love to Hood River via social media using the #visithoodriver and #Ihearthoodriver hashtags. Post images and share your experiences to inspire others.